We work closely with our colleagues in the public sector, the private sector, the workforce, environmental advocacy, and the academic sector to create high-quality, impartial information and analysis that can assist decision makers as we navigate the energy transition. We believe that this transition can and must be just and equitable, and we are committed to working with our colleagues on and off campus to create a safe and inclusive environment for inquiry, innovation, and reflection for people from all walks of life.
- Research emphasis on grid integration.
- Tufts launches Offshore Power Research and Education (OSPRE) Report Series with Tufts Digital Library.
- Tufts launches Offshore Wind Safety Initiative.
- Tuft launches DEIJ Scholarship for Masters Candidates.
- In partnership with the University of Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council, the U.S. Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, Ørsted, and GE, Tufts launches a digital twinning campaign for the nation’s first offshore wind farm.
- Tufts launches first U.S. graduate program in Offshore Wind Energy Engineering dedicated to infrastructure, supply chain, and transmission.
- Tufts hosts POWER-US Workshop.
- Tufts partners with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution to introduce concept of Ocean Test Bed to Subcommittee on Ocean Science and Technology.
- Tufts invests in Offshore Wind Initiative
- Tufts works with Clemson, Fraunhofer IWES, Northeastern, NREL, ORE Catapult, the UMass System, UMaine, and the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution to initiate Partnership for Offshore Wind Energy Research (POWER-US)
- Tufts hosts Interagency Workshop on Offshore Wind Energy in Washington, DC.
- Tufts proposes an Offshore Wind Infrastructure National Center of Excellence to the National Science Foundation.
- Substantial Completion of the New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal.
- Tufts joins the State of Massachusetts and the City of New Bedford on an offshore wind trade mission to Germany and Denmark.
- Final Design for New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal.
- Tufts collaborates with Deepwater Wind, NREL, University of Rhode Island, MassCEC, Northeastern, UMass Amherst, and UMass Lowell to develop a structural monitoring campaign for the Block Island Wind Farm.
- The American Institute of Steel Construction recognizes Dr. Eric Hines for his structural design of the Wind Technology Testing Center with a Special Achievement Award.
- Completion of the Wind Technology Testing Center.
- Initiation of the New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal Design.
- Construction of the Wind Technology Testing Center.
- Completion of Wind Technology Testing Center design with funding procured through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Initiation of Wind Technology Testing Center Design.